Thursday, September 11, 2008

Intriguing Question

As I continue to be intrigued at God's timing in allowing this 2 inch mass to press against my brain, I raised a question to Dr. Aubrey Malphurs. I met Dr. Malphurs at Dallas Seminary while we were vacationing in Texas. I have several of his books and know that he devotes a lot of time addressing how churches can strategize to be more missional in their purpose as a church. I met with him at the seminary for an hour and a half on July 29. I picked up his book, Advanced Strategic Planning at the bookstore and have been reading and reading it. There is a lot in the text but excellent insights on how to proceed in developing and implimenting a strategic plan for moving your church in new directions. I recently emailed him and asked him, "In reading your book, I can't find in the strategic plan where the senior pastor gets a 2 inch mass in his brain as a part of the plan?" I guess I will have to write that Appendix.

No comments: